Phone: 585-365-2646 ext. 1113
Degrees and Certifications:
Hello! Welcome to 4th grade at Belfast Central School! I am Mrs. Mullen and have been teaching at BCS since 1986. Many of your mothers and fathers were my students way back when! That's what I love about this small school and small town. When I'm not enjoying teaching, I love riding horses, spending time with my family, traveling, watching sports, reading, sewing and crocheting. I have three grown children, two delightful grandchildren and a wonderful husband. My hope for all of my students is that they will grow into adults that love learning, life and their families! I love to hear from past students and where they are today. Feel free to write me a note!
by Clyde Robert Bulla Year Published: 1971
Pocahontas and the Strangers
List 3 – spelling/vocabulary
- plump (adjective) – fat and round
- exchange (verb) – to give something for something else
- fierce (adjective) – aggressive or threatening
- neighbor (noun) – person who lives next to you
- coughing (verb) – a hacking sound when air is expelled from the lungs
- England (noun) – a place in Great Britain
- cobblestones (noun) – round stones used for paving roads or paths
- palace (noun) – a large splendid house for a king or queen
- awkward (adjective) – embarrassing or ungraceful
- ashamed (verb) – uncomfortable because one has done something wrong
- bouquet (noun) – a bunch of flowers
- language (noun) – a human speech spoken or written
- faithful (adjective) – keeping promises, loyal
- puzzled (adjective) – confused
- Christmas (noun) – a festival of the Christian church celebrating the birth of Jesus on December 25
November 2, 2018
VETERAN’S DAY: There will be no school on Monday November 12 in honor of Veteran’s Day. We will also be have an assembly to honor out veterans on Friday November 9 at 2:00 in the auditorium. All veterans are encouraged to come so that we may honor you. A flyer about this event is in your child’s mail.
10-WEEK MARKING PERIOD: The ten-week marking period ends Friday, November 9.
HOMEWORK: A reminder that if your child is coming home with more than one assignments to finish in a night, he/she is not using time wisely in class. The students are given time in each subject to do their assignment.
BOOK ORDERS: November book orders are attached. If you would like to order, send in orders and money by November 9 or order online!
HALLOWEEN: Thank you for the treats you sent in for Halloween. The kids had a great time on Halloween!
MATH FACTS: We have been working on basic math facts in multiplication during RTI time in school to refresh our memories and make sure that the students have memorized them. We will be doing long multiplication and division this year and it is imperative that they know their facts. If your child is struggling, please spend a few minutes each night practicing facts. We are working towards a party!
INDEPENDENT READING: Students should have at least 8 points read for the month of September. They will need 4 more points for November for a total of 12 points. They must read at least one point during November even if they are ahead of the 12 point goal. Students spend at least 20 minutes a day reading independently in school which should be enough to easily meet their goal. However, your child may also read books at home and bring them in to take quizzes. Your child has _______ points for the month of October.
CHECK OUT OUR SCHOOL WEBSITE FOR ASSIGNMENTS, HOMEWORK HELP and PARENT LETTER.
Have a great weekend!
Mrs. Bainbridge & Mrs. Mullen