Phone: 585-365-2646 ext. 1113
Degrees and Certifications:
Hello! Welcome to 4th grade at Belfast Central School! I am Mrs. Mullen and have been teaching at BCS since 1986. Many of your mothers and fathers were my students way back when! That's what I love about this small school and small town. When I'm not enjoying teaching, I love riding horses, spending time with my family, traveling, watching sports, reading, sewing and crocheting. I have three grown children, two delightful grandchildren and a wonderful husband. My hope for all of my students is that they will grow into adults that love learning, life and their families! I love to hear from past students and where they are today. Feel free to write me a note!
by Lois Lenski Year Published: 1941
Spelling/vocabulary Ch. 7-13
Test on 2/1/19
- sinew (noun) – tendon of an animals used for string
- quiver (noun)- a container for holding arrows
- necessity (noun) – food, shelter and other things needed for life
- durable (adjective) – sturdy, able to withstand pressure
- lurking (verb) – waiting in hiding, watching without knowing
- ceased (verb) – to end or stop
- gauntlet (noun) – two rows of men with weapons beating someone as he runs through
- frolic (verb) – to run about cheerfully or excitedly
- zeal (noun) – lots of energy and gusto
- unbound (adjective) – not tied up, free
- splendid (adjective) – excellent, magnificent
- bleak (adjective) – unpleasant, cold & cloudy
- hominy (noun) – corn which has been hulled
- plunged (verb) – leaping or diving into water
- accompanied (verb) – to go with or join
January 18, 2019
AGENDAS: Please make sure you are checking your child’s agenda each day for assignments owed, things needing to be signed and notes from the teacher and school. This is an important home to school communication tool. Students not having agendas signed will not be able to eat in the room on Fridays beginning January 22. Thank you for your help in keeping our children responsible.
RECESS: Please make sure your child brings snow pants, jacket, hat, boots and mittens for recess on snowy days. Please make sure they also have sneakers every day for gym class.
MATH FACTS: We have been working on basic math facts in multiplication during RTI time in school to refresh our memories and make sure that the students have memorized them. We are doing long division in math. It is very difficult for the students to do long division if they don’t know their math facts. If your child is struggling, please spend a few minutes each night practicing facts. We are working towards a party!
INDEPENDENT READING: Students should have at least 16 points read for the month of December. They will need 4 more points for January for a total of 20 points. They must read at least one point during January even if they are ahead of the 20 point goal. Students spend at least 20 minutes a day reading independently in school which should be enough to easily meet their goal. However, your child may also read books at home and bring them in to take quizzes. Your child has _______ points. Congratulations to
EARLY DISMISSAL: Students will be dismissed at 1:00 on January 18 for a teacher in-service. There will be no school on January 21 in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
CHECK OUT OUR SCHOOL WEBSITE FOR ASSIGNMENTS, HOMEWORK HELP and PARENT LETTER.
Have a great weekend!
Mrs. Bainbridge & Mrs. Mullen